Welcome

Dear my lovely students, I hope you find this blog.
Well, this blog contains several exercises for your English class.
I prepared this blog just for you all and I hope this blog can help you in learning English more.
I wish you will get familiar with this blog and just leave comments or questions if you in doubt, don't be hesitate.
"Keep your head and heart learning"

Sabtu, 10 September 2011

Question Tag


QUESTION TAG

*      Question tag is not real question. It is usually used in spoken English, and used to seduce someone to agree or disagree with your statement, or opinion.

*      Ada beberapa aturan dalam penulisan question tag:
1.            Jika statementnya positive, maka tag-nya adalah negative.
                Example:            - You are tom, aren’t you?
-          She isn’t diligent student, is she?
-          He goes to school every day, doesn’t he?
-          They came to your home last night, didn’t they?
-          Your mother doesn’t cook today, does she?
-          Your father didn’t fix your car yesterday, did he?
-          You can swim, can’t you?

2.            Jika terdapat to be (are, am, is, was, were) dalam kalimatnya, maka kita menggunakannya kembali dalam tag-nya.
               Example:              
                                        -      She is a geologist, isn’t she?
-          They were students of SMKN 6 Samarinda, weren’t they?
-          Your English friends aren’t kind, are they?
Kecuali untuk : -  I am your friend, aren’t I.

      3.      Jika tidak terdapat to be, maka tag-nya menggunakan katakerja bantu (do, does, did)
                Example:            - tono and tini go to school everyday, don’t they?
      (menggunakan “don’t “ karena kalimat ini ditulis dalam simple present, kata kerja yang digunakan bentuk 1 dan subjectnya adalah “tono and tini”)
-          Your friends came(V2) to your house yesterday, didn’t they? (simple past)
-          We visited museum in tenggaromg last week, didn’t we?
-          They didn’t come to my b’day party last night, did they?
-          Your brothers don’t like study math, do they?
-          Your mother doesn’t bake cheese cake, does she?
      4.      Jika terdapat kata “never, seldom, rarely” yang mempunyai arti negative dalam kalimat, maka tag-nya ditulis dalam bentuk positive.
                Example:                   -       They never go out with their family, do they?
-          She never made trouble at school, did she?

      5.      jika dalam kalimat ajakan menggunakan, let’s maka tag-nya shall we.
                Example: 
-      Let’s watch movie tonight, shall we? 
-          Let’s go swimming, shall we?
-          Let’s take the next bus, shall we?

      6.      Untuk permintaan atau perintah kita menggunakan will you, atau would you
                Example:                        
                                - Open the window, will you?
                                -  Close the door, would you?
                                -  Take my bag, would you?
                                -  Don’t open your book, will you?
                                                      
      7.      untuk polite request, atau permintaan yang sopan, maka tag-nya menggunakan      won’t  you:
                                Example:          
                                 -              open the window, won’t you?
                                 -              Close the door, won’t you?
                                 -              Bring my bag, won’t you?

I think that's all what I can share with you. I hope it will be useful for you....
don't be hesitate to leave  a comment or question.
jangan ragu ragu untuk bertanya dan meninggalkan komen.
thank You.....

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar